Mirasimo Fragrances & Cosmetics LLP (Mirasimo) that was founded in the year 2017 by Mr. Shishir Mehta is a limited liability partnership having its registered office in Mumbai, India and runs its fragrance business under the name and style of ‘Scentido Niche Perfumery’ (Scentido). Today, Scentido is one of the best niche perfumery stores in India.
This Policy describes the treatment of information provided or collected on our website where this Policy is posted. For the purposes of this Policy and any usage of the Scentido website, the term ‘website’ shall mean and include any service operated by us (or on our behalf) that may be displayed on various online, mobile or other platforms and environments, including those operated by third parties, which permits us to share information with all those who access it on the internet.
We follow this Policy in accordance with applicable laws, including but not limited to the Information Technology Act, 2000 and the Information Technology (Reasonable Security Practices and Procedures and Sensitive Personal Data or Information) Rules, 2011. It is clarified that for the purposes of this website, the laws of the Republic of India shall be applicable law (Applicable Law).
By using our website, you (the User) are hereby consenting to collection of your information by us and to the terms of this Policy.
In this Policy, and wherever so relevant, the words ‘we’, ‘us’ and ‘our’ shall be deemed to mean Scentido, and the words ‘its’, ‘you’ and ‘your’ shall, wherever the context so requires, mean and include the user using our website.
WHO WE ARE?
Mirasimo is engaged in the business of facilitating selling, marketing and retailing cosmetic and fragrance products (Business) through the e-commerce websites and mobile applications (App) both developed and owned by Mirasimo and/or its parent company, and/or its affiliates (Website and App collectively referred to as “Platform”) or offline stores / events to conduct its Business.
ROLES WE PLAY
We play the role of a Data Controller when we collect and process Personal Data about you.
We play the role of a Data Processor when we collect and process Personal Data on behalf of another Data Controller.
We strive our best to ensure that our Policy is in complete conformity with Applicable Law.
PERSONAL INFORMATION GATHERED BY MIRASIMO
The information we learn and gather from you, personal or otherwise, is used to register you, verify your identity to permit you to use the website, undertake transactions (including to facilitate and process payments), communicate with you, convey any promotional offers, services or updates associated with Mirasimo, and generally maintain your accounts with us. We also use this information to customize your experience and improve Mirasimo.
INFORMATION YOU GIVE US:
We receive and store any information you provide while using Mirasimo, or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information and the choice to do so is completely yours, however, you might not be able to use the website nor would you be able to access certain content on it. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as opening your account, processing your transactions, responding to your requests, and communicating with you
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU:
INFORMATION FROM OTHER SOURCES:
We might receive information about you from other sources, such as updated delivery and address information from our carriers, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase more easily.
CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL DATA
Categories of Personal Data collected and processed by us are as follows;
Demographic & Identity data
- Contact details such as Name, e-mail address, contact number, shipping address, country, date of birth.
- Open data and public records such as information about you that is openly available on the internet.
- Details such as transaction amount, the name of your bank and the type of card used. It is clarified that we do not store any details pertaining to your security question for accessing your bank account, nor the CVV number on your card(s). You are, however, required to confirm the details stored by any third party operator whose services you use when accessing this website. We do not make any representations on behalf of such third parties and your usage of this website is subject to this specific condition, besides others, that you hold us harmless from any and all harm suffered by you as a result of using such third party services when accessing this website, which usage is voluntary by you.
Online Identifiers and other Technical Data
- Location details such as data we get about your location, IP address, logs, or from where you connect a computer to the internet.
- Technical details such as device information, location and network carrier when you use our website through a mobile device.
- Communications details such as the metadata and other Personal Data we get from communications done through e-mails, SMS, instant messages and calls.
- Usage data details such as data about how you use our website or web-based properties, pages viewed, etc.
By using the website and/ or by providing your information, you consent to the collection and use of the information you disclose on the website in accordance with this Policy, including but not limited to your consent for sharing your information as per this Policy.
PURPOSES OF GATHERING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We use your personal information to operate, provide, develop, and improve the products and services. These purposes include:
PURCHASE AND DELIVERY OF PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
We use your personal information to take and handle orders, deliver products and services, process payments, and communicate with you about orders, products and services, and promotional offers.
PROVIDE, TROUBLESHOOT AND IMPROVE MIRASIMO
We use your personal information to provide functionality, analyze performance, fix errors, and improve the usability and effectiveness of the website.
RECOMMENDATIONS AND PERSONALIZATION
We use your personal information to recommend features, products, and services that might be of interest to you, identify your preferences, and personalize your experience with the website.
COMMUNICATE WITH YOU
We use your personal information to communicate with you in relation to our Business via different channels (e.g., by phone, e-mail, chat).
We use your personal information to display interest-based ads for features, products, and services that might be of interest to you.
LAWFUL BASES OF PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We are permitted to process your personal data in compliance with applicable laws and regulations by relying on one or more of the following lawful bases:
- You have explicitly agreed to us processing your Personal Data for a specific reason.
- The processing is necessary to perform the agreement we have with you or to take steps to enter into an agreement with you.
- The processing is necessary to be in compliance with our legal obligations.
- The processing is necessary for the purposes of a “Legitimate Interest” pursued by us, such as “to provide services to you, to evaluate, develop or improve our products and services”.
Where the processing is based on your consent, you have a right to withdraw your consent at any time. You may withdraw consent by contacting us. Upon receipt of your written request to withdraw your consent, consequences of withdrawal will be communicated to you and, upon your agreement, your request for withdrawal will be processed.
PERSONAL DATA DISCLOSURE
Mirasimo website contains third party SDKs that collect personally identifiable information (PII). They use this information to better target users or provide elements of our products and services on behalf of us. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies.
MIRASIMO USES THREE TYPES OF SDKS:
|Analytics||Analyze in-depth detail about the visitors on our website
|Payment||Complete customers’ payment transaction Example – PayU, Razorpay|
|Login||Help user’s login at MIRASIMO Example – Google, Facebook.|
The security, integrity and confidentiality of your information is extremely important to us. We have implemented technical, administrative and physical security measures that are designed to protect your information from unauthorized access, disclosure, use and modification. From time to time, we review our security procedures to consider appropriate new technology and methods. However, please be aware that despite our best efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable.
However, we may be required to share the aforesaid information with government authorities and agencies for the purposes of verification of identity or for prevention, detection, investigation including cyber incidents, prosecution and punishment of offences. Your use of our website expressly specifies that you agree and consent that we may disclose your information stored by us in accordance with this Policy if so required under Applicable Law.
Reasons for disclosing your Personal Data to other parties:
We may disclose your personal data to others where it is lawful to do so including where we or they:
- need to provide you with products or services
- where you have initiated a payment
- have a legal obligation to do so, e.g., to assist with detecting and preventing fraud,
- have requirement in connection with regulatory reporting, litigation or asserting or defending legal rights and interests
- have a legitimate business reason for doing so
- want to send you information and promotional material regarding our products and services,
- have asked you for your consent to share it, and you’ve agreed
- Improve your online experience for using our product.
To whom your Personal Data may be disclosed:
We may disclose your personal data for the above purposes to other parties including:
- Other group companies and any subcontractors, agents or service providers who work for us or provide services to us or group companies (including their employees, sub-contractors, service providers, directors and officers)
- Law Enforcement Authorities, Government Authorities, courts, dispute resolution bodies, our regulators, auditors and any party appointed or requested by our regulators to carry out investigations or audits of our activities
- Statutory and regulatory bodies and authorities (including the government) investigating agencies and entities or persons, to whom or before whom it is mandatory to disclose the personal data as per the applicable law, courts, judicial and quasi-judicial authorities and tribunals, arbitrators and arbitration tribunals
- Overseas regulators
- Anybody else that we’ve been instructed to share your Personal Data with by you
RETENTION AND DISPOSAL OF DATA
We keep the personal data we collect about you on our systems or with third parties for as long as it is required for the purposes set out in this Policy and for legal or regulatory reasons. We shall take reasonable steps to delete or permanently de-identify Personal Data that is no longer needed.
Our website is directed to be used by adults only. If you are not an adult, while you may look at our website, you should not make a purchase, register, or submit personal data to us. The usage of this website by a minor shall be under the supervision of his/ her parent/ guardian, and in the event of such usage (whether under supervision of parent/ guardian or not), there shall be no liability against Mirasimo in this regard. We or our associates /affiliates do not knowingly collect information from minors.
YOUR RIGHTS AS A CUSTOMER
We understand that when you interact with Mirasimo, you have rights over your personal data. These rights involve providing reasonable steps to allow you to access your personal data, correct any errors among others. In the event that you are not satisfied with our response or have unresolved concerns, you can get in touch with us to resolve the issue by means of [email protected].
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
From time to time, we may change this Policy to accommodate new technologies, industry practices, regulatory requirements or for other purposes. This Policy shall be updated accordingly, and we request you to read it every time before using this website. We take no responsibility whatsoever to apprise you of any change in this Policy.
For any further queries and complaints related to privacy under applicable laws and regulations, you could reach us at:
Contact E-mail Address: [email protected].
IN ACCORDANCE WITH INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY ACT 2000 AND RULES MADE THERE UNDER, THE NAME AND CONTACT DETAILS OF THE GRIEVANCE OFFICER ARE PROVIDED BELOW
GRIEVANCE OFFICER – CUSTOMER SERVICES
E-mail: [email protected]
NOTIFICATION OF CHANGES
We keep our Policy under regular review to make sure it is up to date and accurate. Any changes we may make to this Policy in the future will be posted on this page. We recommend that you re-visit this page regularly to check for any updates.